I love Halloween, big time. Every year I am left wondering if I am actually American, I want haunted houses, bobbing for apples, jack-o-lanterns and of course hundreds of trick-or-treat ers.
So I totes made these Cake Pops, it is cake on a stick…it’s just wild!
Kinda like this guy (that’s a Miami Vice costume)!
Anyway this whole shebang is super easy and nobody cares if the cake looks bad/ has a crack in it/bits stick to the pan because you just go ahead and crumble it. Crumble that cake, you can even punch it. I won’t judge.
Then you go ahead and add frosting; it totes makes a dough!
Then roll that dough, roll ( I am fighting the urge to make a rollin’ comment, soz Fred)
Dip them in chocolate, make sure the chocolate is deep enough! you want to make sure that you don’t have to roll the pop, if the chocolate is too thick add some vegetable oil.
Wait to dry, then go crazy with the icing pens!
Taken from Bakerella!
1 Cake, I split mine up and made 2 different flavours.
1 can frosting I used Betty Crockers vanilla frosting
White Chocolate ( I tried candy melts and they were sickly sweet)(1 lb. pkg.)
Black writing icing
- After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl (wrap cake in cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours).
- Mix frosting in gradually until you get a dough like consistency, I found a rubber spatula worked the best
- Roll mixture into balls on a baking tray covered in the paper and refrigerate
- Melt chocolate in the microwave per directions on package. (30 sec intervals, stirring in between.)
- Dip the tip of your lollipop stick in a little of the melted candy coating and insert into the cake balls. (Insert a little less than halfway.)
- Place them in the freezer for a little while to firm up.
- Once firm, carefully insert the cake ball into the candy coating by holding the lollipop stick and rotating until covered. Once covered remove and softly tap and rotate until the excess chocolate falls off. Don’t tap too hard or the cake ball will fall off, too.
- Place in a styrofoam block to dry.
- Once dry, decorate as you wish!