That’s totally not me. I cannot wait for it. I am super-duper bad at taking things as they go, I’m impatient to the max. Thus I created a Facebook for Little Cookbook a few days ago, I’d love to get to know the people who read my blog and if you live close I’d be happy to chat about baking you a cake; to be honest I’ll probably just bring you one regardless.
In my mind this seems all very rushed and slow at the same time. But I’m not sure what I want to do when I finish university in THREE? months so this might help.
I also got an amazing surprise in my inbox a few nights ago from Faraaz and Aneesa, they lovingly awarded me with the Liebster award; which is an award for blogs with under 200 followers. As part of that award they set a few questions that I have to answer, which I’ll do right now.
- Favourite book to film adaptation?
Alice in Wonderland was my favourite book as a child (which you can read about here) and the Disney adaptation was my favourite film, I know that it isn’t wholly true to the book but the extent to which I loved them both seemed to trump that.
- What was your first job?
My first job was in Scotland at a place called the Sandancer; I’m fairly sure it was illegal, I cooked the fast food, served ice cream and drinks, manned the counter and took the money on my own. At 14. Scotland get on to your child labour laws.
- Who is your favourite author?
Audrey Niffenegger or Iain Banks.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why?
North Korea. I want to experience a place that is wholly unlike the way I live. I’m totes aware of how strange a place that is to want to go. But there you are!
- What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Hair. Always. No question about it.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose?
The 20s, the era of opulence and great loss.
- Eating in a theater nefarious behaviour or perfectly acceptable?
I do it, it’s totally cool. I’m more of a Malteaser lover than popcorn
- Sailboat or cruise ship?
Sailboat, there’s something romantic about a sailboat.
- If you could go back, what advice would you give yourself in high school?
Try harder, do some study and don’t skip class.
- What movie do you flat-out refuse to watch, no matter how good people say it is?
Any film adaptation of Nicholas Sparks’ books, same for Twilight.
I’m going to pass this award on to I only eat dessert; which is a food blog based in Adelaide. I love the food shots and it’s all local. Go Adelaide!
I’ll only give you three questions, three is good:
1. Where is the best chocolate in Adelaide?
2. Carob; yay or nay?
3. What is your favourite non-food related Adelaide activity?